Personal circumstances, of course, dictate how we react to the stages of life. And, possibly because I had my son relatively late at 37, and really settled into my first calm, romantic partnership 10 years after that, I am still enjoying the novelty of having a person at home to watch television with, argue with about who puts the rubbish out, and hold through the night.
Unlike my character Katherine, I spent my twenties and thirties in a cauldron of relationships that led to no security, so a shared existence with the same person is, for me, the exciting thing.
But even so, every now and again, I look at the map of my life and wonder, What if? What next? I have no plans for trekking to Antarctica, nor taking up shamanism, but I’m aware that if I’m lucky, I have many years ahead of me that could take an entirely new direction. The future is only mine to lose.
How to do 80s makeup for halloween Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- THOSE BROWS! THAT HAIR! THOSE LIPS! THAT SKIN!
- The go-to For Mothers-of-The Bride Seeking Style and Comfort
- Deliciously Healthy NUTS FOR DOUGHNUTS
- 4 Best Workout Leggings and Tights
- HOW TO CREATE THE EXCITEMENT OF AN AFFAIR IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP