WHERE WILL YOU BE SPENDING CHRISTMAS?
With my family [Saturdays singer Rochelle is married to former JLS singer Marvin and mum to Alaia-Mai, two]. We spend a lot of time laughing and a lot of eating. WHAT DO YOU EAT ON CHRISTMAS DAY?
Marvin’s dad is a chef so we let him rule the roost. Sometimes Alaia-Mai and I make cupcakes -it’s always messy, but I love baking with her!
Rochelle is supporting Make-A-Wish UK and Fairy raising funds to grant wishes for children facing life-threatening conditions
5kg bronze turkey, giblets and wish bone removed
Salt and pepper
Your favourite stuffing
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 onions, peeled and chopped
6 celery sticks, chopped
1 leek, chopped
12 bottle dry white wine
2 bay leaves
2 chicken stock cubes
55g melted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 200Â°C/Gas mark 6.
2. Season the turkey, inside and out, then pack the stuffing inside. Tie the legs and parson’s nose with string so the stuffing is held inside.
2. Place all the veg in the bottom of a tray, then position the turkey on top. Pour in the white wine, 2 pints of cold water and stock, then place the whole tray on to the stove.
3. Bring to the boil, simmer for 5 mins, then cover with two layers of foil. Cook in the oven for around 2 hours, until juices run clear.
4. Once cooked, remove from the oven, turn up to 230Â°C/Gas mark 8, brush with the butter, then cook again until browned, for about 15 mins.
5. Remove and carefully tip off the stock. Reboil the juices in another pan and skim well. In a separate bowl, mix the cornflour with 4-6tsps cold water. Then use this
to thicken the bubbling stock. Carve, then serve the gravy and stuffing separately.