Apple Sauce Recipe
Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes You will need:
1 lb. cooking apples 1 pint water
1 oz. butter 1 strip lemon peel
2 oz. sugar (optional)
1 Peel and slice apples.
2 Put all ingredients in a pan and cook until the apples are reduced to a pulp.
3 Remove lemon peel, if used, and mash the apples well.
Cooking Time: about 10 minutes You will need: 4 tablespoons sugar 1 oz. butter 1 tablespoon cornflour grated rind and juice pinch salt 1 lemon 1 pint water pinch grated nutmeg
Blend sugar and cornflour and salt to a paste with a little of the cold water.
Bring the remaining water to the boil, pour on to blended cornflour, stirring throughout. Pour into pan, bring slowly back to boil, boil about 3 minutes stirring constantly.
Beat in butter, add lemon rind and juice and grated nutmeg.
1 teaspoon salt 1
2 level tablespoons tomato pur6e ~
1 beef stock cube
1 pint water
2 tablespoons chutney 3
Saut6 the onion until 4
With ice cream: This sauce is delicious served piping hot over chocolate or vanilla ice cream.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Feast On The Exquisite Flavours Of The Lebanon With These Delicious Recipes
- The Hill Supper Club And Masterchef Contestant
- Boost Your Wellbeing With Lagom Sweden’s Answer to Mindfulness
- Find Delicious Balance In Midlife With These Health-Enhancing Recipes
- NUTRITION EXPERT SKIN BOOSTERS