2 lb. bean curd
1/2 lb. spareribs
4 cups clear broth
5 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. rice wine or sherry
2 tbsp. sugar
1 scallion cut into sections
2 slices fresh ginger To Prepare:
1. Cook bean curd in cold water in a pot until it becomes honey-comb like. Drain and cool.
2. Combine bean curd, spareribs, broth, soy sauce, wine and sugar in a pot and bring to a rapid boil. Lower heat and simmer for half an hour. Set aside to cool.
3. Cut the bean curd into slices. Garnish with scallion and ginger and serve as a cold dish.
BEAN CURD SALAD Photo Gallery
You will probably be welcome to take advantage of rest or meditation areas, and perhaps even the pool or other water therapy venues. The beauty spa may offer a juice bar or other refreshment area, and it’s a good idea to drink water or other unrefined liquids after a treatment such as a massage, so take advantage of this amenity if you wish. In any case, you should be able to shower and use the toiletries typically provided in the locker room or changing area, to prepare yourself for your departure. Many beauty spas make the products they use during treatments available for sale. Although you are under no obligation whatsoever to buy them, you may wish to, if you particularly enjoyed their effect during your treatment. Check with the staff to find out about purchasing products from the beauty spa. Spa Cuisine Apart from the environment and the services and treatments you can receive during your beauty spa visit, the food served by a beauty spa is likely to be another aspect you will want to research. This is less of an issue at a day beauty spa, where food may or may not be available, or at a hotel or resort that is prepared to cater to a broad cross-section of tastes, and has a menu that reflects that diversity. However, destination beauty spas and many medical stay beauty spas are very likely to have food service that reflects a particular orientation toward eating, diet, and nutrition. You can safely expect that the foods you find at these types of beauty spas may be very different than the wide array of food choices you may be used to.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Here’s tThe Scoop on Our Latest Obsessions
- Mixed Leaves with Savory Granola
- Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining
- Could you feed a family of four on: LESS THAN R100 A DAY?
- THE WEEKLY MEAL PLAN