Keen to tread lightly on the planet? The beauty products you choose needn’t contribute to the plastic mountain. We’re impressed with small-batch beauty brand Bramley, which is one of the first bath and body companies to change the material of its bottles to biopolymer HDPE. Still recyclable, the bottles are made from sugar cane waste and the manufacturing process also captures CO2 from the atmosphere, making them ozone friendly. Look out for its fully recyclable pump mechanisms, too. Try the Exfoliating Body Scrub with Sweet Orange, Fennel and Spearmint (£14 for 200ml; bramleyproducts.co.uk). Why not try switching your cleansing wipes for the plastic-free Face.
Halo (£7; Boots), which can be reused 200 times; and brushing your teeth with the bamboo Humble Brush (£4; Boots), too?
To keep skin hydrated in winter, add a few drops of face oil into your face cream to lock in the skin’s natural moisture and prevent water loss.
Beauty Secrets – Beauty Tips and Tricks From Celebs Photo Gallery
Have you considered complementing your skincare regime by working from the inside? Skinade is a clinically proven, professional skincare drink helping define this new way to look after your skin. As we age, our collagen production slows down, affecting the appearance of our skin.
Skinade’s liquid formulation (which contains high-quality liquid marine collagen, omega-3 and -6 fatty acids, B vitamins, vitamin C and more), should be taken daily to target the skin’s natural production of collagen, hyaluronic acid and elastin and help promote smoother, younger and more hydrated skin. A 30-day supply costs £105; skinade.com.
Look good and feel amazing with this month’s hottest products
1. Lavera Beautiful Lips Brilliant Care Q10 Lipstick, £12.90 for 1.7g; lavera.co.uk
Try this nurturing lippie containing sweet almond oil, shea butter and aloe vera plus anti-ageing Q10.
2. Bali Body Self Tanning Mousse, £25.95 for 200ml; uk.baiibodyco.com
Banish pasty skin with Bali Body’s first ever tanning mousse. Green-coffee-seed extract reduces the effects of free radicals and chamomile extract soothes irritated skin.
3. Korres Pure Greek Olive Creamy Exfoliating Scrub, £20 for 75ml; lookfantastic.com
Naturally rich in fatty acids, olive leaf strengthens the skin’s barrier while olive stone grains slough away dead cells.
4. Starskin Orglamic Pink Cactus Serum Mist, £35 for 80ml; debenhams.com
A dual-phase hydrating mist with prickly pear, cactus, baobab and camellia japonica seed oils for the ultimate glow.
5. Gatineau Perfection Ultime Skin Perfecting Cream, £49 for 30mi; gatineau.co.uk
Plant sugars and brown algae hydrate and nourish, hyaluronic acid plumps and yeast glucomannans boost collagen. Hello smooth skin.
6. Lucy Bee Natural Soap, £8 for 150g; lucybee.com Free-from palm oil and sodium laurel sulphate, and made with organic Lucy Bee coconut oil, this has a calming scent.
7. Annabel Minerals Eyeshadows, from €10.90 for 3g; eshopannabelle.com
These highly pigmented natural shadows contain just four (organic) ingredients. Choose from 17 shades with a satin finish.