6 oz. beef cooked
6 oz. bean curd
1/2 cup vegetable oil 1 tbsp. sherry % cup soy sauce 1 tbsp. sugar
Five spice powder (prickly ash, star aniseed, cinnamon, clove and fennel) to taste 1 tbsp. each chopped ginger and scallion
4 cups stock
1/3 cup garlic shoots, chopped to 1 inch length 1 tbsp. sesame oil
1. Slice beef and bean curd and boil separately.
2. Heat oil in a pan over a high flame, add beef, wine, soy sauce, sugar, spiced powder, ginger and scallion and stir fry. Add broth and bean curd, simmer for one hour until the beef is soft, and the juice thickens. Add garlic shoots and sesame oil, increase heat, boil about a minute and serve.
BEEFY BEAN CURD Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Here’s tThe Scoop on Our Latest Obsessions
- Mixed Leaves with Savory Granola
- Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining
- Could you feed a family of four on: LESS THAN R100 A DAY?
- THE WEEKLY MEAL PLAN