Meliaceae (Mahogany family)
Ovoid fruits in clusters of 2-30 fruits with pale brown to pale yellow, thick, leathery skin with milky latex.
Benefits Of: LANGSAT Photo Gallery
Comments. The popularity of the langsat is somewhat hindered by the long time it takes for trees to begin to bear fruit. Trees grown from seed can take 10-30 years to start bearing fruit. Air layering or grafting produces faster-producing trees.
Several cultivars of the langsat exist. The ‘Duku’ variety has large fruits 3-5 cm (1.2-2 in) in diameter with little or no latex and a sweet, aromatic pulp. The ‘Longkong’ variety from Thailand has smaller fruits, 3 cm (1.2 in) wide, with leathery skin, sweet pulp, no latex, and few or no seeds. The main producers of langsat fruits are Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Could your GP soon be prescribing probiotics?
- DR Karen Sherman Lead Researcher at The Seattle Group Health Center
- To Start Winning The Battle of The Bulge You Need to Be Able to Separate Fact From Fallacy
- Are There any Foods That can Help Reduce Stress?
- I Pack Lunch to Save Money But am Getting Sick of The Same Old Same Old Any Tips to Spice Things Up?