But her personal mission statement is as strong as it ever was, when it comes to the topics she writes about and what she will sing. From day one in her career, she was adamant: “They have to take me as I am or forget me. I stayed the same and always will.”
The producer for her Decca recordings, the late Owen Bradley summed Loretta up, as an artist with conviction. “She’s the spokesman for the ladies. Loretta had a lot of different ideas, and they were very fresh. Women’s lib was also coming on at that time. You have to be in the right place at the right time. And I think Loretta was standing right there.”
She tells me that her fans are the driving force today. “They want to hear the songs and they want me to sing. BEST ALBUM COVER POSTERS As long as that is going on, I am going to be singing.”
What would she like to achieve before she stops? “Not one thing. But I would like to see country music a little more country.
BEST ALBUM COVER POSTERS Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- THOSE BROWS! THAT HAIR! THOSE LIPS! THAT SKIN!
- The go-to For Mothers-of-The Bride Seeking Style and Comfort
- Deliciously Healthy NUTS FOR DOUGHNUTS
- 4 Best Workout Leggings and Tights
- HOW TO CREATE THE EXCITEMENT OF AN AFFAIR IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP