Yara admits that she feels most comfortable letting her natural curls do their own thing, and that her hair has its own personality. We asked Yara—who names Janelle Monae as her top hairspiration—how she keeps her lovely mane of natural coils healthy and beautiful.
Best Hairstyles for Women in 2019 – 10 Haircut and Hairstyle Ideas Photo Gallery
“Every Saturday, I wash and deep-con-dition my hair with my favorite products. While my hair is still damp, I two-strand-twist my hair and let it out the following day. I always arrive on set with two-strand twists—and my hairstylist will twist it out using BioSilk Therapy Serum,” Yara says. “When I wash my hair, I like to use BioSilk shampoos as well as Malin + Goetz. I also enjoy using the line of TRESemme Naturals. I like to switch it up so I’m not tied to one specific line. For my twist-outs, my must-use essentials are Miss Jessie’s Curly Buttercreme and EcoStyler gel,” Yara tells hair.
Another one of the beauty’s tried-and-true styling methods is the Bantu-knot set, Yara shared in an interview with the website ManeAddicts.com. After she shampoos and conditions her hair, she will add a light application of Deva Curl Light Defining Gel and Mielle Organics Almond Oil before creating her Bantu knots. She then dries her hair with a diffuser before releasing the knots for a fabulous, defined curly coif.
With so many women transitioning from relaxed to natural hair these days, Yara shares these helpful tips for making your natural-hair journey a whole lot easier.
“Take the time to get to know your hair and determine which products and processes work to achieve your preferred look. There is no easy way out. Hair needs TLC, and that takes time, focus and effort. Embrace your natural hair and totally fall in love with it!”
On our pages, Yara’s hair is beautiful in a glorious twist-out. Recreate her stunning style with these quick and easy editor’s tips!
Get The Look
• Shampoo the hair with a moisturizing shampoo formulated for natural hair textures, like TRESemme Naturals.
• Apply a deep-conditioner and sit under a hooded dryer to allow the conditioner to penetrate hair strands.
• Rinse the conditioner out after a halfhour under the dryer.
• Apply a light oil to the scalp, like Mielle Organics Mint Almond Oil and then apply a generous amount of Miss Jessie’s Curly Buttercreme to the hair and comb through evenly with a wide-tooth comb.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Mila Kunis Hairstyles And Best Beauty Looks
- Sofía Vergara Hairstyles – Haircuts – Hair Colors 2019
- YOUR HOME CAN PUT YOU AT CANCER RISK
- Reese Witherspoon Hairstyles And Best Beauty Looks 2019
- Fashion Fitness