We obtain a better selection of foods when we buy at a large busy store where the turnover is great and merchandise moves rapidly. The foods in such a store are usually fresher since they do not stay on the shelves as long as in a less busy store.
Vegetables and fruits are most valuable and provide best nourishment when used in season.
Make sure that the vegetables are fresh and crisp, for the stale and withered ones have lost much of their nourishment. For this reason it is best to buy only what we actually need and only as much as we can keep fresh and unspoiled.
Vegetables that are often sprayed with water are not fresh. They are sprayed to give them the appearance of freshness. Avoid such vegetables and buy only those that are really fresh.
HOW TO BUY AND PREPARE FOOD Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Could your GP soon be prescribing probiotics?
- DR Karen Sherman Lead Researcher at The Seattle Group Health Center
- To Start Winning The Battle of The Bulge You Need to Be Able to Separate Fact From Fallacy
- Are There any Foods That can Help Reduce Stress?
- I Pack Lunch to Save Money But am Getting Sick of The Same Old Same Old Any Tips to Spice Things Up?