SERVES 4 READY IN 15 MIN
500g pack fresh gnocchi Pinch of salt 200g cream cheese
3 tbsp basil pesto 30g Parmesan, grated Freshly grated nutmeg Rocket, to serve
IPour boiling water from the kettle into a pot. Add the gnocchi and salt, bring back to the boil and cook for 3 min until the gnocchi float to the surface.
CHEESY PESTO GNOCCHI Photo Gallery
Crispy Gnocchi with Basil Pesto Pan Fried Gnocchi Recipe Two
Homemade Gnocchi with Pesto Cream Sauce
Homemade Ricotta Gnocchi with Asparagus Pesto. How Sweet Eats
2 Drain the gnocchi. Add cream cheese to a pan with the pesto and heat gently to melt. Pour the gnocchi in the pan and stir gently to coat in the sauce.
Sprinkle over the Parmesan and a good grating of nutmeg. Serve with rocket.
Cherry season has arrived, so catch this wonder fruit at its best flavour, and get the full health kick, too.
* O ne of the smallest stone fruits, cherries pack a potent antioxidant punch.
* They are rich in an antioxidant called anthocyanin, which gives them their deep red colour, and helps protect against damage done by free radicals, such
as UV light.
* They are a potential wonder in the fight against some cancers – anthocyanins show promise in fighting carcinogens in the body by acting as a natural
anti-inflammatory to help repair damaged cells.
* Their anti-inflammatory properties have been shown to help cognitive function in rats by reducing inflammation in their brains, which could potentially
slow down human age-related memory loss.
* They can reduce arthritic pain and appear to alleviative swelling associated with gout.
* Che rries show promise in decreasing the risk of cardiovascular disease, as some studies suggest they lower blood pressure.
* They’re high in fibre and rich in vitamin C, another antioxidant that helps promote fast healing and healthy cells. Their melatonin content will also help
with insomnia, too.