Danish Herrings Recipe
Cooking Time: about 10 minutes to fry You will need for 4 servings:
4 fresh herrings 1 large onion, peeled fat for frying 3-4 tablespoons vinegar &-8 peppercorns and cut into rings
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 Prepare and bone the herrings. Fry in the usual way, or grill, and put aside to cool.
2 Mix the vinegar, onion rings, peppercorns and sugar together.
3 Put in the herrings and leave to marinate.
4 Serve cold, decorated with onion rings and serve thickly sliced beetroot separately.
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes You will need for 4 servings:
4 mackerel 4 tablespoons white
2 oz. butter wine salt and pepper bouquet garni little French mustard 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 Prepare the mackerel and put into a fireproof dish with the butter.
2 Season with salt and pepper and spread a little mustard over each fish.
3 Pour over the wine, put in the bouquet garni and bake in a moderate oven (350°F – Gas Mark 4).
4 Before serving, remove the bouquet garni and sprinkle with parsley.
Danish Herrings Recipe Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Feast On The Exquisite Flavours Of The Lebanon With These Delicious Recipes
- The Hill Supper Club And Masterchef Contestant
- Boost Your Wellbeing With Lagom Sweden’s Answer to Mindfulness
- Find Delicious Balance In Midlife With These Health-Enhancing Recipes
- NUTRITION EXPERT SKIN BOOSTERS