Serves 4 to 6
2 cups couscous
1 tablespoon ghee or light oil 1 teaspoon salt
3 cups water
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Spread the couscous in a 2-quart glass or ovenproof casserole. Add the ghee or oil and sprinkle with the salt. Pour the water over the couscous. Seal tighdy with foil and a lid. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork while it is steamy.
note: Make a salad of leftover couscous tossed with chopped celery, herbs, spices, and lemon juice on a bed of lettuce.
Easy Couscous The Oven Method Photo Gallery
She understood how steam turbines worked and how aeroplanes flew. No one could beat her at chess or table tennis. She could explain Napoleon’s tactics at the Battle of Austerlitz. She understood the philosophy of Herbert Spencer (I thought I was the only person alive who understood him). She was so charming that she inflated everyone she spoke to. We all felt better after a conversation with Tina. She was short and blonde and pretty and smiled – smiled all the time. She was slightly dumpy but all the nicer for it. I fell in love with her; everyone onboard fell in love with her. Everyone wanted to talk to her, and to be with her.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Here’s tThe Scoop on Our Latest Obsessions
- Mixed Leaves with Savory Granola
- Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining
- Could you feed a family of four on: LESS THAN R100 A DAY?
- THE WEEKLY MEAL PLAN