Trimming Your Hair
To prevent split ends and promote growth, especially if your goal is length, you will need to trim your hair ends. If you notice that it takes longer than usual time to detangle your hair this could be a sign of split ends and you are well overdue for a trim Aim to trim your ends every 8 to 12 weeks.
Trim your hair when it’s dry because it will be easier to spot damaged ends. I go the extra mile and flat iron my hair before I trim so that I can trim evenly and spot damaged ends.
How to Trim Your Natural Hair
Good Quality Barber/Trimming Scissors: Shop at Sally Beauty Supply or your local Beauty Supply
Thermal Spray or Heat Protection Gel/Lotion: Tresemme’s Heat Tamer Protective Spray and Beyond The Zone Turn Up The Heat Protection Spray are good options
Comb to section/part the hair
Denman Brush or brush of choice
Optional – Flat Iron and a heat resistant comb
Edgy haircuts for 2017 Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- THOSE BROWS! THAT HAIR! THOSE LIPS! THAT SKIN!
- The go-to For Mothers-of-The Bride Seeking Style and Comfort
- Deliciously Healthy NUTS FOR DOUGHNUTS
- 4 Best Workout Leggings and Tights
- HOW TO CREATE THE EXCITEMENT OF AN AFFAIR IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP