1/2 lb. frozen bean curd
2 oz. heart of cabbage
5 sliced mushrooms
1 oz. bamboo shoots
2 tbsp. soy sauce
Salt to taste
1 oz. sliced ham
1 tbsp. sugar
2 cups clear broth
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Cut the frozen bean curd into rectangles
3.5 cm. long and 2 cm. wide.
2. Cut the heart of cabbage into halves and parboil.
3. First put the cabbage into a pan then cover it with bean curd, mushrooms, sliced bamboo shoots, soy sauce, salt, fishballs, ham, sugar, broth and oil. Bring to a boil and stew until the bean curd expands.
1/2 lb. bean curd
4 hearts of cabbage 1 oz. vegetable oil 1 oz. steeped dried cuttlefish 1 oz. cooked duck meat
1 oz. bamboo shoots 10 meatballs
2 cups clear broth 1 tbsp. sherry
1 tsp. soy sauce Salt to taste
Hot pepper powder to taste To Prepare:
1. Cut bean curd into rectangular pieces and soak in hot water. Chop the cabbage and saute in hot oil. Cut cuttlefish into diamond pieces and duck meat into strips. Cook the bamboo shoots and cut into strips.
2. Heat oil over a high flame, then stir-fry bamboo shoots and cuttlefish. Add broth, sherry, soy sauce, salt, bean curd, duck meat and meatballs. Bring to a boil.
3. Put cabbage into a clay pot and then pour in bean curd and all the seasonings. Set over a low flame and simmer for 5 minutes.
Transfer to a big bowl, sprinkle with hot pepper powder and serve.