You know the benefits of eating 5 A Day, but did you know your skin can benefit from a similar regime? ‘You need to keep skin’s barrier (a natural blend of oils and water) and acid mantle (it’s first line of defence) healthy,’ says natural beauty guru Jane Scrivner (janescrivner.com). ‘Feeding, restoring, nourishing and replenishing will allow skin to self-repair and glow with health.’
FEED YOUR SKIN Photo Gallery
The first course in Scrivner’s Skincare 5 A Day system is her Nourishing Cleanser (£33 for 50ml), using nine essential oils; second course is Skinfoliate (£26 for 150ml), with organic AHA & BHA acids for cell renewal. Next up, moisturise with plant-based hyaluronic acid in Bioluronic Buzz (£32 for 50g), then fortify the skin barrier with essential fatty acids in Skin Elixir (£29 for 30ml). Finally, lock in nutrients with our fave, the rose-scented OO Cream (£27 for 50ml).
1. Living My Best Light Highlighter, £12 for 4 x 2.7g; beautybay.com These cream-to-powder highlighters come in Ethereal (cool tones), Brilliance (rich golden shades) and Delicate (soft, pink and dreamy).
2. Huda Beauty Matte Power Bullet, £22 for 3g; shophudabeauty.com Up the intensity with eight bold shades of rich rose lip colour, each designed to complement varying skin tones and undertones.
3. Green people Quinoa & Calendula Hand Wash, £13.00 for 300ml; greenpeople.co.uk Don’t strip skin when washing – this liquid soap uses quinoa to form a protective barrier and aloe vera to moisturise.
4. Natural Deodorant Co Active Balm, £11 for 55g; naturaldeoco.com With light, fast-absorbing sodium bicarbonate, Active Balm is great for days when you need extra protection.
5. Aussie Scent-sational Conditioning Hair Mists, £9.99 for 95ml; boots.com Shine, smooth or protect your hair with a spritz of these nourishing mists that release a scent as your hair moves.
6. H&B CBD Day Cream, £14.99 for 50ml; hollandandbarrett.com The first beauty range to include CBD oil, this day cream regulates oil production and helps reduce free radicals
7. My Clarins PORE-LESS Blur and Matte Stick, £15 for 3.2g; clarins.com Minimise the appearance of pores and control shine invisibly, with strawberry fruit tree and the flavone chrysin to create a silky smooth, matte appearance.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Tampons Are Handy For Active Women Who Refuse To Compromise Their Workouts During Their Period
- No Bake Snack Bars With Cheerios
- It’S Hard To Resist A Frozen Treat On A Scorching Day, So We’ve Reviewed The Latest Crop Of ‘Healthier’ Ice Creams And Lollies To Find Out How Virtuous They Rea
- Secrets of The Skincare Gurus
- LIGHTS CAMERA ACTION