Hair braiding is an old method of maintaining hair used by women. There are many hair braiding styles used in various countries. English braid, French braid, Dutch braid and fishtail styles are some of the hair braiding styles. These styles can be used on formal occasions like wedding or on casual occasions. With little practice one can become quite good at braiding hair. You need some necessary things before going for braiding hair. The things needed include a wide-tooth comb and a rubber band or ponytail holder.
If you feel that braiding should be done on damp hair then you should have a bottle spray of water. In the case of dry or fine hair it is better to use some kind of gel or spray on hair before braiding hair as it would be convenient then. The following are the steps to braid hair of a person:
Hair Braiding Styles Braiding hair Photos
Click to Photo for Next Images of Hair Braiding Styles Braiding hair
• Braiding hair should start with the use of hair gel or spray on the hair to help it become smooth. The hair should be dried then.
• In the beginning of braiding, hair should be divided among three sections. You should place the the left section between the left index finger and the thumb. The middle finger should be let free and the right section of hair should be placed between the right index finger and the thumb. This will create a braiding pattern.
• The middle section of the right middle finger should be grabbed. The right thumb and the index fingers should be extended so that that portion of hair becomes the middle section.
• You should use the left finger to pull the middle section of hair behind the left section.
• You should extend the left index finger and the thumb to make the left section of hair become the middle section.
• You should shift the portion of hair hooked in the right middle finger so that it sits between the right index finger and the thumb. This process should be repeated and then you should shift the portion of the hair hooked in the left middle finger so it sits between the left index finger and the thumb.
• The process should be continued untill you get the hair braiding of your desire. To get a tight braiding the middle section of the braid should be pulled along the horizontal lines. The tip of the hair should be tied using a ruber band.Braiding hair needs patience and practice to learn. It takes some time to become good at it. Pulling of hair too harsh should be avoided during braiding as it can result in hair fallout.