Lavender is particularly indicated for tension headaches and to prevent sunstroke. At one time it was common for farmers to keep a sprig of lavender under their hat and it was ‘a notable fact that they never suffered from headaches despite working in the bright sunshine for many hours’.13
Headaches Photo Gallery
Inhale lavender oil from a tissue, or apply neat to the temples or on a cold compress to the forehead or back of the neck.
Headaches brought on by tension or stress can also be eased by a firm neck and shoulder massage using 3 drops of lavender in 1 tsp carrier oil.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Could your GP soon be prescribing probiotics?
- DR Karen Sherman Lead Researcher at The Seattle Group Health Center
- To Start Winning The Battle of The Bulge You Need to Be Able to Separate Fact From Fallacy
- Are There any Foods That can Help Reduce Stress?
- I Pack Lunch to Save Money But am Getting Sick of The Same Old Same Old Any Tips to Spice Things Up?