In addition to its cleansing effects, a warm bath is a pleasurable way to soothe a cranky baby The addition of botanicals and oils can enhance the relaxing effects of your baby’s bath. Note that it is not necessary or even advisable to use soap every time you bathe your baby too frequent baths or too much soap can make the skin dry and flaky. When you do use soap, choose a gentle, natural one that is specially formulated for babies. Adding an emollient to the bathwater can be helpful in keeping your baby’s skin from drying out.
Oil in the Baby Bath
Adding oil to the bathwater helps keep your baby’s skin nourished and lubricated. This is especially helpful in the winter, when indoor heating dries out the air.
Basic Oil Bath
Add a teaspoon of carrier oil, such as almond, jojoba or olive, into the bathwater.
Homemade Baby Baths Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- THOSE BROWS! THAT HAIR! THOSE LIPS! THAT SKIN!
- The go-to For Mothers-of-The Bride Seeking Style and Comfort
- Deliciously Healthy NUTS FOR DOUGHNUTS
- 4 Best Workout Leggings and Tights
- HOW TO CREATE THE EXCITEMENT OF AN AFFAIR IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP