As well as telling your family and friends, tell your:
• Employer, or HMRC (the tax office) if you’re self-employed or working from home.
• Utility companies: electricity, water, gas.
• Cable and satellite TV providers and TV licencor.
• Broadband, Wi-Fi, mobile phone and landline suppliers.
• Doctor, dentist, optician.
• Bank, credit card company, building society.
• Mortgage, insurance and pension companies.
• Local council for council tax, electoral role, parking permits, benefits.
• Investment companies, National Savings & Investments for premium and other bonds.
• Accountant, solicitor, social worker.
• DVLA, breakdown recovery provider.
• Gym and membership clubs, including school and university alumni associations.
• Store and airline loyalty schemes and online shopping retailers.
• The new occupants of your former address.
For a fee you can ask the Post Office to redirect your mail to your new address for three, six or 12 months.