It will take a bit of practice to produce more than a splutter so be prepared to experiment until you find your personal sweet spot to achieve an ear-splitting whistle. Don’t give up and you’ll get there in the end.
Choose the finger combination that feels the most natural to you. Most people plump for one of the following:
• Forming a closed ‘C’ shape with the thumb and forefinger of one hand.
• Making an ‘A’ frame shape with the index finger of each hand.
• Both the index and middle finger of each hand.
The technique is the same for any of these.
Start with clean hands. Cover your bottom set of teeth with your bottom lip. The harder you press your lip down into your teeth, the louder your whistle will be. With your chosen finger shape, push down on your lip with the first joint of your digits. Curl your tongue back and use your fingers to keep it there.
Take a deep breath to fill up your lungs with air and close your lips together. Exhale as fast as you can through the gap between your fingers.
Keep practising until you achieve a good result. Take a break if you feel dizzy from too many in-and-out exhalations. Adjust the position of your fingers, lips, mouth and tongue until you find what works for you.
HOW TO WHISTLE WITH YOUR FINGERS Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- THOSE BROWS! THAT HAIR! THOSE LIPS! THAT SKIN!
- The go-to For Mothers-of-The Bride Seeking Style and Comfort
- Deliciously Healthy NUTS FOR DOUGHNUTS
- 4 Best Workout Leggings and Tights
- HOW TO CREATE THE EXCITEMENT OF AN AFFAIR IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP