This highly infectious skin disease which mainly affects children is usually caused by an invasion of the streptococcus or staphylococcus bacteria. Inflamed patches or spots appear, usually on the face, scalp and neck, but sometimes on the hands and knees – which blister and then crust over. The bactericidal action of lavender makes it very effective in treating this contagious skin condition. Strict hygiene is also essential to prevent the condition from spreading to other parts of the body – or to other people.
Impetigo Photo Gallery
Apply pure lavender oil to affected areas, using the tip of the finger or a cotton bud (swab). Repeat twice a day.
Add 10 drops (no more than 5 for children) to the bath water as a disinfectant measure.
Tea tree is also an effective remedy, alone or in combination with lavender.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Could your GP soon be prescribing probiotics?
- DR Karen Sherman Lead Researcher at The Seattle Group Health Center
- To Start Winning The Battle of The Bulge You Need to Be Able to Separate Fact From Fallacy
- Are There any Foods That can Help Reduce Stress?
- I Pack Lunch to Save Money But am Getting Sick of The Same Old Same Old Any Tips to Spice Things Up?