The symptoms of jetlag after a long flight are well recognized: sleep disturbances, disorientation, nervous fatigue and dehydration. Due to its regulating effect on the systems of the body, lavender can be a great aid in overcoming jet lag problems.
Jetlag Photo Gallery
Freshen up frequently during the flight using a little lavender water, or inhale lavender oil from a tissue. In addition, use a lavender moisturizing cream to prevent dryness of the skin.
After arriving, if possible, take a long bath using 8-10 drops of lavender – this helps readjust the physiological and psychological rhythms.
To help revive body and mind, use a stimulating oil such as rosemary (5-10 drops) in the bath.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Could your GP soon be prescribing probiotics?
- DR Karen Sherman Lead Researcher at The Seattle Group Health Center
- To Start Winning The Battle of The Bulge You Need to Be Able to Separate Fact From Fallacy
- Are There any Foods That can Help Reduce Stress?
- I Pack Lunch to Save Money But am Getting Sick of The Same Old Same Old Any Tips to Spice Things Up?