Cooking Time: about 15 minutes You will need for 4 servings:
4 oz. Patna rice 12 oz. cooked smoked haddock
2 oz. butter
1 hard-boiled egg salt and pepper cayenne pepper milk
1 teaspoon chopped parsley
1 Boil the rice in salted water for 12 minutes, then drain.
2 Add the flaked fish, butter, beaten egg, chopped white from the hard-boiled egg and seasoning.
3 Heat all thoroughly and add a little milk if the mixture is too dry.
4 Pile on to a hot dish and decorate with the sieved hard-boiled egg yolk and chopped parsley.
Savoury fish custard
Cooking Time: about 30 minutes You will need for 4 servings: 8 oz. cooked smoked 1 pint milk haddock salt and pepper
3 eggs 1 teaspoon chopped
3 level teaspoons parsley or a pinch cornflour mixed herbs
1 Flake the fish very finely and put it into a greased fireproof dish.
2 Mix the eggs smoothly with the cornflour, add the milk gradually and beat all well together.
3 Add seasoning and parsley and pour over the fish.
4 Bake in a moderately hot oven (375°F – Gas Mark 5).
Kedgeree Recipe Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Feast On The Exquisite Flavours Of The Lebanon With These Delicious Recipes
- The Hill Supper Club And Masterchef Contestant
- Boost Your Wellbeing With Lagom Sweden’s Answer to Mindfulness
- Find Delicious Balance In Midlife With These Health-Enhancing Recipes
- NUTRITION EXPERT SKIN BOOSTERS