Serves 1 to 2 Ingredients
• Blend lentil flour, water, salt, cilantro and ginger in the blender. Add water if needed to get a crepe batter consistency.
• Scoop on to an oiled, flat crepe pan, and spread it thin like a crepe.
• Once there are bubbles on the top, flip, and cook the other side.
• Serve with a tomato or cilantro chutney or top with bananas for kids.
Lentil Crepes Photo Gallery
Courtesy of Komal Shah
1/2 cup lentil (mung dal) flour
1 cup water
1/2 inch cube ginger (optional)
1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
canola oil for pan-frying salt to taste
Serves 2 to 4
1/2 bell pepper 1/2 onion
10 oz. paneer* or firm tofu
4 oz. organic canned tomato sauce
2 tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp garam masala or curry powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
Paneer is Indian Farmer cheese available in the refrigerated section of Indian stores. For a vegan recipe, you can substitute with firm tofu.
Chop the onion and bell-pepper in thin long strips
Cut the paneer or tofu into about 2 x xh x xh inch strips
Heat the oil in a flat pan and add cumin seeds
When the seeds sizzle, turn down the heat to low, and add the onions and bell peppers.
Add salt, turmeric, garam masala, coriander powder, and sugar
Saute the onions and peppers for 2 minutes
Add tomato sauce and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
Add paneer or tofu, stirring very gently until the they are coated with gravy
Let simmer for 2-3 more minutes on low heat and enjoy!
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Eight Diet Myths Busted!
- ADVICE BASED ON PERSONAL ANECDOTES
- HEAD OFF TECH NECK
- The Best Diet Plan for Weight Loss
- How to Lose Weight Fast: 2 Simple Steps, Based on Science