To add extr1/2 flavour when cooking try the following savoury or sweet rice.
1. Add 1 teaspoon soy sauce, low salt, to the water.
2. Add 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules.
3. Add 1/2 tablespoon of tomato paste, salt free.
4. Use vegetable juice, no added sugar or salt, instead of water.
5. Use fat-free stock instead of water.
1. Add 1 teaspoon unsweetened apple juice concentrate.
2. Use unsweetened fruit juice instead of water.
3. Add dried fruits such as dates, sultanas, etc. (MD).
Lose Weight Food Recipes Photo Gallery
If you are struggling, make sure you talk to your medical support team or, at the very least, your partner or a friend. It’s especially important if you’ve suffered from depression before you were pregnant or have a family history of depression. Even if you haven’t, the raging hormones and isolation can impact your mental health. If you are struggling or know someone who is struggling, there are some great resources in the Appendix. I never shared my story with my OB, nor did she ever ask how I was doing emotionally. Nor did any of my friends or family as my brave face fooled them into thinking I was OK and taking the bed rest in stride. I was not. Looking back I wish I had told my OB or family doctor, as I suffered from postpartum depression for the first few weeks after my daughter was born also in silence. Thankfully by then I was blessed to have the supportive group of women that I met in my prenatal classes, some of who were also suffering and were open about their struggles. After our babies were born we met weekly, and sometimes multiple times a week.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Here’s tThe Scoop on Our Latest Obsessions
- Mixed Leaves with Savory Granola
- Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining
- Could you feed a family of four on: LESS THAN R100 A DAY?
- THE WEEKLY MEAL PLAN