Whole grains have a host of benefits wrapped into a small (cheap!) package. From helping to lower cholesterol and cancer risk to promoting digestion and making you feel full, like study after study have reported, it’s a no-brainer to add them into your repertoire. We did the recipe digging—even for you gluten-free dieters for dishes that bring the full factor without the bloat.
The savory granola adds a nutritious, nutty crunch to this salad. It’s worth making double the quantity to eat as a snack or perhaps sprinkle over yogurt for breakfast. If serving atop sweet dishes, simply omit the tamari sauce and store any leftover granola in an airtight container.
For the granola:
1 Tablespoon buckWheat groats
1 Tablespoon shelled hemp seeds
2 Tablespoons sunFlOWer seeds
2 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds a large hand FUl OF blanched almonds IV2 teaspoons tamari or light soy sauce 1V2 Teaspoons honey.
For the salad:
5 Ounces mixed salad leaves
2 Nectarines, halved, pitted and sliced
4 Ounces mozzarella, drained and torn into pieces
3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly squeezed juice OF 1/2 lemon sea salt and Freshly ground black pepper to taste.
1. to make the granola, toast the buckwheat and hemp seeds in a large, dry skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, tossing the pan regularly, until they start to smell toasted. transfer to a bowl, and add the sunflower and pumpkin seeds to the pan. toast the seeds, again tossing the pan regularly, for 4-5 minutes, until starting to turn golden, then add to the bowl. Finally, add the almonds to the pan and toast for 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until starting to color. roughly chop the nuts, and add to the bowl with the seeds.
2. add the tamari and honey to the nuts and seeds, stir until combined, then leave to cool.
3. meanwhile, put the salad leaves in a large serving dish or individual bowls, and add the nectarines and mozzarella. drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over, and season with salt and pepper. gently toss to combine, then sprinkle the granola over before serving.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Here’s tThe Scoop on Our Latest Obsessions
- Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining
- Could you feed a family of four on: LESS THAN R100 A DAY?
- THE WEEKLY MEAL PLAN
- Homestyle Chips Recipes