Baking French fries makes them less oily than those cooked using the deep-frying method, but even these French fries are heavy, oily, and fat-increasing, so Kapha should eat less of them.
1 potato per person 1/2 tablespoon butter per person Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 35oF.
2. Slice the potatoes in long, thin, frenched shapes. Melt the butter and coat the potatoes. Arrange them on baking sheets i or 2 layers thick. Bake for at least 1 hour, turning the potatoes after about 30 minutes. They are done when they turn golden brown. For large amounts (more than 5 potatoes) baking may take longer.
Oven-Baked French Fries Photo Gallery
There was a bit of blurring at the edges with other two-stripers, such as the third engineer and the radio officer, although she generally treated these as marginal inferiors because her husband was a deck officer and not a grubby engineer or a radio man. The superior people were granted her clear and rapt attention. She manoeuvred to be near them, and she looked straight at them with eyes wide open and with a smile that showed her teeth. She laughed at their jokes, however poor they might be. The inferior people were given a thin, begrudging smile (no teeth), and were never looked at for long: just a one-second glance to allow her to absorb their low status. She never laughed at their jokes, however funny they might be. The more superior a person was, the more toadying her attitude, and vice-versa to those below her. I was an extremely inferior person in her reckoning: more like a dog than a human. One evening, she was sitting at the end of the bar next to the chief engineer (four gold stripes), finishing her second gin and tonic. The fourth engineer was behind the bar, sporting a much inferior one gold stripe.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Here’s tThe Scoop on Our Latest Obsessions
- Mixed Leaves with Savory Granola
- Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining
- Could you feed a family of four on: LESS THAN R100 A DAY?
- THE WEEKLY MEAL PLAN