Essential oils are increasingly employed for the treatment of common ailments in veterinary practice and for the care of domestic pets – particularly dogs, cats and horses.
Fleas – use lavender shampoo (see instructions page) on a daily basis – leave for 3-5 minutes before washing out. Afterwards or between washes wipe the coat with a moist sponge sprinkled with 10-20 drops of pure oil. This also improves the condition of the coat.
Lice – sprinkle the coat with 10-20 drops of lavender oil and brush through. Repeat daily.
Pets Animal Care Photo Gallery
Rashes – apply pure lavender oil or, if needed to treat a larger area, use lavender diluted to 2.5 per cent with a light carrier oil or cream (see instructions pages).
Cuts/itches/scabs/insect bites/bumps – apply pure lavender oil. Repeat 2-3 times a day until healed.
Other measures: tea tree oil may be used in a similar fashion.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Could your GP soon be prescribing probiotics?
- DR Karen Sherman Lead Researcher at The Seattle Group Health Center
- To Start Winning The Battle of The Bulge You Need to Be Able to Separate Fact From Fallacy
- Are There any Foods That can Help Reduce Stress?
- I Pack Lunch to Save Money But am Getting Sick of The Same Old Same Old Any Tips to Spice Things Up?