HOW YOU CAN MAKE IT IN THE INDUSTRY:
“Get as much experience as you can (like working for a local brand, magazine, etc.). Find where your skills, passion, and local demand meet. And treat everyone you come across with kindness”
Fashion Tricks a la Chi
• Good lighting is essential to taking perfect pictures.
• Masking tape can work miracles!
• Don’t be afraid to mix prints if they’re in the same color family.
• Have a trusted tailor.
• Pair something loose with something tight.
Fashion Tricks a la Mawee
• Invest in good basics they’re easy to mix and match with trendier pieces.
• Don’t be afraid to wear color or prints.
• Maxi skirts or dresses (with the right fit) make you look instantly chic.
• Accessories go a long way.
• Red lipstick can instantly shake up any look.
Her youthful renderings of stylish muses and Manila’s most fashionable have graced the country’s broadsheets and glossies alike.
HOW I GOT INTO FASHION: “I’ve been illustrating since I can remember, but when I discovered fashion, I loved the idea that a piece of art could be wearable. It also became an outlet for me like drawing a bag I can never afford! “