Energy 1/2lue 19 kJ per g
There is far too great an emphasis placed on the amount of protein you should eat. The Pritikin diet gives between 10 to 15 per cent of total kilojoules in protein. There is no possibility of protein deficiency on this diet due to the high intake of grains, vegetables and fruit.
As protein is digested it breaks down into amino acids. These acids play an important role in your body’s growth, metabolism, maintenance and repair.
Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. Your body needs 22 amino acids, 14 of which it can synthesise. The other eight, the essential amino acids, must be obtained from foods. The diet of grains, vegetables and fruits supplies these essential amino acids.
Protein For Diet Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Feast On The Exquisite Flavours Of The Lebanon With These Delicious Recipes
- The Hill Supper Club And Masterchef Contestant
- Boost Your Wellbeing With Lagom Sweden’s Answer to Mindfulness
- Find Delicious Balance In Midlife With These Health-Enhancing Recipes
- NUTRITION EXPERT SKIN BOOSTERS