1/2 lb. bean curd
2 oz. minced pork
3 egg whites
2 tbsp. wheat flour
Salt to taste
1 tsp. sherry
2 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in water
1 tsp. each scallion and ginger juices
2 cups vegetable oil
6 black fungus soaked in water
1 dried bamboo shoot soaked in water
1 cup clear broth
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. ham chopped To Prepare:
1. Mash bean curd and mix with half of the minced pork, egg whites, flour, salt, a little sherry and cornstarch, ginger and scallion juices. Roll into balls.
2. Heat oil in a pan over a high flame, flatten the balls with a spatula and put them in the pan. Fry on two sides until golden brown.
3- Heat a little oil in a pan over a high flame, add bamboo slices, fungus, sherry, broth, soy sauce, ham, pork, and bean curd balls. Simmer for two minutes. Add the dissolved cornstarch and serve.
SIMMERED BEAN CURD BALLS Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Here’s tThe Scoop on Our Latest Obsessions
- Mixed Leaves with Savory Granola
- Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining
- Could you feed a family of four on: LESS THAN R100 A DAY?
- THE WEEKLY MEAL PLAN