This simply made side dish is nourishing for a Vata, new mothers, and convalescents. Children who like carrots really like them this way. Reducing the ghee to 1 tablespoon makes it a good side dish for Kapha.
Serves 2 to 3
1 pound xarrots 1/4 cup water 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sesame seeds or ground blanched almonds
4 tablespoons ghee
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Julienne the carrots or cut into narrow finger-length pieces. Place them in a saucepan with the water and the salt. Boil over a moderately high flame just until they are tender (test with a fork). Arrange the carrots in a small deep baking pan and pour in any remaining cooking liquid along with them. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and the ghee. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until they are golden brown, basting several times with the juices.
Simply Baked Carrots Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Here’s tThe Scoop on Our Latest Obsessions
- Mixed Leaves with Savory Granola
- Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining
- Could you feed a family of four on: LESS THAN R100 A DAY?
- THE WEEKLY MEAL PLAN