You don’t need a beauty app or an actual circular light to give you that soft, glowy feel. Neither do you need to spend time outdoors for a postworkout flush. These products will do the job right away.
1. Chantecaille Radiance Elixir, $360 A glow serum that combines crystal peptides with colourless carotenoids – both reduce redness, and improve skin clarity. The formula includes a botanical peptide that wakes skin up in the early morning so it looks more luminous and ready to face the day. Plus anti-ageing actives hydrate, reduce puffiness and have a wrinklesmoothing effect.
2. Charlotte’s Magic Cream Light, $150 The humidityfriendly moisturiser has antioxidants and acids (alphaand beta-hydroxy) to combat free radicals, to give you a natural, dewy glow. It also nourishes and hydrates skin, boosts collagen production, and reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles. What we appreciate: added UV, pollution and blue-light defence.
3. Clarins Sun Care Water Mist SPF50+, $50 Just two spritzes of this liquid sunscreen covers your entire face, and you can use it on your hair too. It leaves a thin, dewy veil on skin, so you can spray it on in the morning under makeup, and reapply over makeup during the day. Even better, it’s reef-safe.
Skincare That Fakes a Ring-light Glow Photo Gallery
4. JM Solution Glow Luminous Aurora Mask, $28 The South Koreans are masters of glowy, glassy skin – so much so that even their beauty masks offer that effect. The cellulose mask gives skin a natural glow, courtesy of light-reflecting pearl powder. It feels hydrating, nonsticky, and leaves a long-lasting film of moisture on skin.
5. Skin Inc Serum Glow Filter, $46.85 The brand says this is the world’s first skincare makeup. What it does: combines light reflection technology with gold hibiscus, niacinamide and hyaluronic acid to give skin a glowy, pearly finish. All the light bouncing off your skin makes it look smoother and less red, and your pores, smaller – like a filtered, soft-focus selfie.