Serves 2 to 4
1 lb. of tuna
1 tbsp of fennel seeds
1 tbsp of cumin seeds
1 tbsp of sesame seeds
2 tbsp of coriander seeds
1/4 cup of fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
5 cloves of garlic, crushed
4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
red pepper flakes
Spiced Tuna Photos
Click to Photo for Next Images of Spiced Tuna
• Position a rack on a rimmed baking sheet in the center of the oven and preheat to 450° F.
• Grind all the spices in a food processor until the mixture is finely chopped (about 30 seconds).
• Pour 3 tbsp of the olive oil into the food processor and grind again, stopping to scrape down the sides until the mixture forms a paste (about 20 seconds).
• Rub 1 tbsp of olive oil on the tuna.
• Sprinkle 2 tbsp of salt evenly over the tuna.
• Spread the spice paste onto the tuna with your hands.
• Place the tuna on the rack.
• Roast the tuna to taste (15 to 18 minutes for medium rare).