Due to its excellent healing and analgesic properties, lavender can provide instant relief from heat rash or red and sore skin – it can also prevent blistering.
For large areas, make up a lotion using 12 drops of lavender oil in 1 tbsp of distilled water (or a water-based gel to which 5-10 per cent lavender oil has been added) and dab the area gently.
Sunburn Photo Gallery
For severe patches of sunburn apply lavender oil neat.
Other measures: soaking in a lukewarm bath containing 6-8 drops of lavender or chamomile roman is very soothing; tea tree is also a very effective sunburn remedy when used in the same manner as lavender.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Could your GP soon be prescribing probiotics?
- DR Karen Sherman Lead Researcher at The Seattle Group Health Center
- To Start Winning The Battle of The Bulge You Need to Be Able to Separate Fact From Fallacy
- Are There any Foods That can Help Reduce Stress?
- I Pack Lunch to Save Money But am Getting Sick of The Same Old Same Old Any Tips to Spice Things Up?