These elegant cocktails from Floral Libations look (and taste!) so heavenly, how could we refuse?
CANTALOUPE AND NASTURTIUM BELLINI
Makes about 10 cocktails
• Approximately 480g chopped ripe cantaloupe (from about 1 cantaloupe)
• 750ml sparkling wine • 10 fresh nasturtium flowers for garnish Place the chopped cantaloupe in a blender, blend until liquefied then strain through a fine-mesh sieve set over an extra-large pitcher.
Add the sparkling wine and stir until combined. Pour the mixture into 10
Champagne flutes and garnish each glass with a nasturtium flower.
Note: if you find yourself with a cantaloupe that isn’t as ripe as you’d like, or if you prefer your drinks on the sweet side, add 60ml of Cara
Cara Orange and Chamomile Simple Syrup to the cantaloupe juice before adding the sparkling wine.
These elegant cocktails from Floral Libations look (and taste!) so heavenly, how could we refuse? Photo Gallery
NASTURTIUM BLOODY MARY
Makes 1 cocktail
• 1 seasoned salt • 1 Rose Salt • 1 lemon or lime wedge o60ml gin • Pinch of celery salt • 1 freshly ground pepper
• 120 ml fresh tomato juice
• Ice cubes • 1 fresh nasturtium flower for garnish
In a small bowl, stir together the seasoned salt and Rose Salt. Pour into a shallow plate or bowl. Wet the rim of a tall glass with a lemon wedge and dip the rim in the salt, gently rolling to coat it evenly. In a small carafe, stir together the gin, celery salt, pepper, tomato juice and ice. Pour into the prepared glass. Garnish with a nasturtium flower.
Makes approximately 480ml
* 3tbsp dried lavender • 480ml gin In a large, airtight container, combine the lavender and gin. Cover tightly and allow to sit at room temperature in a dark place for five days (any longer and the gin will become bitter).
Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve set over a large bowl, then transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature.
Use within four months for optimal flavour.
Floral Libations: 41 Fragrant Drinks + Ingredients by Cassie Winslow is out on 2nd April (£11.99, Chronicle Books)